Job Code: Tü_55
Job offer from February 28, 2023
The goal of the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems is to investigate and understand the organizing principles of intelligent systems and the underlying perception-action-learning loop. The Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems combines – within one center – theory, software, and hardware expertise in the research field of intelligent systems.
The Tübingen campus of the institute focuses on theory and algorithms as well as human-scale systems covering topics such as machine learning, computer vision, control, and the theory of intelligence.
For our interdepartmental user support and further development of our institute IT services we are looking for a System Administrator (m/f/d) with focus on support.
- Administration and maintenance of our workstation and lab systems (Linux, macOS, Windows)
- Participation in IT projects of the institute (e. g. services, license management, monitoring)
- Administration of user accounts
- 1st level support for our scientists and non-scientific employees
- Support of our videoconferencing systems
- You are an IT specialist (Fachinformatiker*in, Informationselektroniker*in, IT-Systemelektroniker*in) or have an equivalent qualification in the described field of activity
- A largely independent and service-oriented way of working
- Know-How in one or more of these fields: Linux, macOS, Windows, DevOps, networking, video conferencing, audio visual equipment
- No fear of the command line
- Good command of English
- Team-player attitude
You can expect
- A diverse working environment in the field of cutting-edge AI research with freedom for individual development and interesting technology (e. g. single-board-computers, micro-controllers, HPC-clusters, 3D printers)
- A very modern workplace
- Flexible working hours
- A very good compatibility of work and family life and a child care facility on site
- An occupational pension fund (VBL) and Group Accident Insurance
- A secure work place
The position will be located at the Tübingen site of our institute as part of the IT service group. Salaries and contract will be based on previous experience according to the Public Service Wage Agreement (TVöD Bund) guidelines. This is a full-time position. The position is initially limited to two years with the possibility of a transition into a permanent position.
Contact and application
To apply, please include a cover letter, your CV, your degree certificates and a list of references in your application. If you have, include links to projects you have contributed to (e. g. projects on github or similar). Please upload it as one PDF file to our application portal.
If you prefer to send a hardcopy application, you may do so. Please address it to: Sabrina Jung, Human Resources, Administration, Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, Max-Planck-Ring 4, 72076 Tübingen, Germany.
The position will be open until filled. Preference will be given to applications received by March 31, 2023.
The Max Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. Furthermore, the Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. The Max Planck Society strives for gender equality and diversity. We welcome applications from any background.
For more information or questions about technical aspects of the position, please contact Telintor Ntounis at email@example.com. For administrative questions, please contact Sabrina Jung at firstname.lastname@example.org.