Job Code: Tü_50
Job offer from January 24, 2023
The Perceiving Systems Department at the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems in Tübingen is creating the world’s most realistic human avatars for use in research, film, virtual reality, and medicine. The Data Team is working closely with computer vision researchers to collect unique data sets.
The successful candidate will
- work with computer vision researchers to coordinate, schedule, and run human subject trials involving body shape and motion analysis.
- collect data: recruit participants, take body measurements, attach motion capture markers to participants’ clothes and skin; operate several computer vision technologies, including our unique 4D body scanner (training provided).
- organize and process data, run data quality checks, and handle data protection.
- prepare lab equipment for the trials and support the team in maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
- assist the Data Team in administrative tasks.
The job is very dynamic and you will often be introduced to new technologies. You need to be flexible, eager to learn and able to adjust to the research needs. Good organizational and time management skills are required.
We are looking for a team player to work in a multicultural English-speaking environment. Very good command of English and at least a B2 level in German is required. It is important that you are a responsible person with good social skills who is confident in dealing with people, giving instructions and solving problems.
An initial contract will be offered for two years with the possibility of extension. The position is remunerated in accordance with the collective agreement for the public sector (TVöD Bund), according to your qualifications up to E8. Social benefits are paid according to the regulations of the public service (TVöD Bund).
Contact and application
The Max-Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. Furthermore, the Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
Please upload your application including a motivational letter, CV and references at our application portal.
The position is available immediately and is open until filled. Preference will be given to applications handed in by February 28, 2023.
Any questions regarding the position should be forwarded to Tsvetelina Alexiadis at Tsvetelina.Alexiadis@tue.mpg.de.